About my Blog

I intend to promote and discuss indie and underground music while also examining its relationship with the internet. The internet has helped spread music that otherwise would have a very small, localized audience. It has also created new outlets for creativity for the creation and promotion of indie music.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stereotypes Are Great

Although I'm (obviously) not in favor of generalizations based on inherent traits, people's tastes and preferences are usually a pretty good judgment of their character. That's why I find Sterotyping People by Their Favorite Indie Bands pretty hilarious. Its generalizations sometimes border on the absurd, but many of them are pretty spot-on. Read, laugh, and be a little bit embarrassed.        






4 comments:

  1. What can you tell about a person if they do not have a favorite Indie Band? Or if they do not know enough about the genre to know what bands are Indie Bands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually tastes in other kinds of music, I guess. Or tastes in movies, television, books...that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the type of music one listens to is definitely a good indicator of their character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I'm a hopelessly patchy beard grower, according to this website. Seeing as I'm not a dude, I'm okay with patchy beard growth. Makes it easier to shave off.

    ReplyDelete